Friday 4 March 2011

Week 6

To finish the Marchetti plane I added a window by creating a box above the main body and added a glass material to it. For the main body I created a metal material using an online tutorial and adjusted the glossiness and colour to match the plane in the film. I used the same metal material and changed the colour to black for the nose and guns.


For the area around the hotel I created a plane with a large amount of polygons so that I could put more detail into the ground. I started by selecting polygons and raising them for the main shape and then used the paint deformation tool to smooth it out and create mountains in the background.


I was not happy with my first attempt of this and because of the large amount of polygons the system worked very slowly. I will only sculpt the area immediately around the hotel and then will try to create the mountains with a plane with larger polygons.

No comments:

Post a Comment